- Mold Inspection
Mold inspection from ServiceMaster Restore
The first step in removing mold is knowing where it is and how extensive the damage is. That’s where ServiceMaster Restore comes in—we’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to do a mold inspection and develop a plan to solve the problem, no matter how big or small. Timing is important when it comes to mold removal, which is why we’re proud to offer emergency clean-up services complete with the very latest in drying and monitoring equipment to help stop the spread of mold in your home or business. If you suspect you might have mold, don’t delay— contact ServiceMaster Restore, the mold inspection experts.
Telltale signs of mold
By the time you’ve spotted black mold, it has likely already caused damage to your property and your health. The key to stopping mold in its tracks is knowing what causes it, how to prevent it, and identifying signs that it’s time to take action. We’re here to help, no matter how severe your mold problem. Being aware will minimize damage, so keep an eye out for these telltale signs of mold:
- A strange smell: Mold grows thanks to stagnant moisture. This leads to musty, rotten smells that might be faint at first, but will get worse as the mold spreads. Never ignore an unpleasant smell—it will only get worse!
- Health issues: If you’ve been exposed to mold, you might start to experience things like a runny nose, sore eyes, rash, sore throat and worsening asthma symptoms.
- Water stains: Small leaks in your pipes and roof can let in tiny amounts of water that aren’t immediately apparent. Once you notice water stains in ceilings and drywall, you probably already have a mold problem.
- Warping and rust: Rust on nails and metal pipes and bulging or warped wood and drywall could be signs that you have a high humidity problem, condensation or a water leak—all things that put you at risk for mold.
Other risk factors for mold growth include:
- Flooding: Past flooding could have left materials like drywall wet for an extended period of time, which encourages mold growth.
- Damp basement: Prone to flooding and condensation, basements are the perfect environment for the spread of mold.
- Blocked gutters: If your gutters are blocked, they can’t direct rainfall efficiently, and that can leave your home vulnerable to damage.
- Poor ventilation: Proper ventilation helps dry out moisture—without it, mold is more likely to spread.
- Standing water: Bathrooms and kitchens often have standing water caused by steam and lack of ventilation.
- Dust: Excessive dust can help mold spread because it transports spores around the home.
Time is of the essence
Once conditions are optimal for spores to take hold, mold can start developing in less than 72 hours. Moisture levels and access to an organic food source (like wood, drywall and natural fibers) will determine how fast the mold will spread. That’s why, no matter how big or small your current problem, taking care of it right away is in your—and your property’s—best interest. We offer emergency mold inspection services as a first step towards getting your mold problem under control and keeping damage to a minimum. We can eliminate mold today—call us to find out how.